[freepats] olpc samples - how to get?

Roberto Gordo Saez roberto.gordo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 07:55:43 PST 2009

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 09:42:14AM -0600, Josh Lawrence wrote:
> hello list!
>
> my name is Josh, and this is my first post to the list.

Hey, sorry for the delay. You know, this list is quite silent lately ;)

> is it possible to grab all of the flac versions of the samples from
> freepats?  is this even allowed?  if not, how do you go about getting
> these samples in some sort of automatic, efficient way?  (i.e., I
> don't have to manually download each of them...)

Recursive transfers are allowed, and unless they start to cause trouble
(they doesn't at present) I prefer to not restrict downloads in any way.

Not sure about the best method of getting them, though. Maybe we could
seed the torrent :) In the meantime, if the torrent is still down send me
send me an email and I'll prepare a zip file for you.