[freepats] Freepats list moved to a new location

Roberto Gordo Saez roberto.gordo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 13:22:46 PST 2009

Dear freepats subscribers and all interested users, I want to announce
that the freepats list is moved to a new location, please take a few
minutes to subscribe to the new list:

We will continue there our discussion about freepats, free and open
instrument collections for softsynths, sampling, sound synthesis and
related topics.

There have been some weird issues with the old list during last months,
they should be fixed by the move. If you previously had problems to post
or subscribe, please resend your email to the new address.

Admittedly the progress is slow, but there are people greatly
interested in this project and we will continue working on it. There
have been new developments, and web contents will be eventually updated
to show recent contributions. In the meantime the list is the best
source of announcements.

There are plans for a new, better quality freepats release in sf2
format, as well as more standalone higher quality sound libraries for
music production (a multilayered classical guitar soundfont is in
development).

Do you want to contribute your samples? Please do! Record your
instruments, voices, effects, noises and any sound that you want, they
are always appreciated. Don't worry about your recording equipment not
being professional; high quality is always desirable, but lower quality
samples could also be helful for desktop or embedded General MIDI sets.

Please don't hesitate to ask questions in the freepats list.