[freepats] olpc samples - how to get?

Josh Lawrence hardbop200 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 07:42:14 PST 2009

hello list!

my name is Josh, and this is my first post to the list.

I'd like to get all of the olpc samples, unfortunately the torrent
isn't being seeded atm, could be b/c of mininova's recent demise.
luckily I found freepat's mirror of the samples, but it doesn't seem
like I can "scrape" them all at once.  for example, I tried this:

wget -nc -nd -r -l1 -np http://freepats.zenvoid.org/olpc-sounds/

unfortunately this doesn't work.

is it possible to grab all of the flac versions of the samples from
freepats?  is this even allowed?  if not, how do you go about getting
these samples in some sort of automatic, efficient way?  (i.e., I
don't have to manually download each of them...)

thank you!

Josh

--
Josh Lawrence