[freepats] midicomp - bad archive upload at freepats.zendvoid.org

Phil Cooper philcoop8192 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 20 09:17:49 PST 2011

I tried opening the source code for midicomp, downloaded from http://freepats.zenvoid.org/tools/midicomp/midicomp-0.0.4.tar.gz, but GNOME File Roller 2.30 said it's corrupt.  Actually, the file isn't corrupt -- it's just not a .tar.gz file.  I changed the name to midicomp-0.0.4.tar.zip, and then it could be opened without problems, because it's actually a .zip file.  The archive should either be replaced with a file named midicomp-0.0.4.zip or recreated correctly as a .tar.gz file.  I've attached a recreated archive file named midicomp-0.0.4.tar.gz that is a real .tar.gz file, to replace the misnamed .zip file.