[freepats] sound sample resources

ml at distasis.com ml at distasis.com
Wed Feb 5 14:59:40 PST 2014

Was recently researching a multimedia topic and happened to run across
some sound sample related web sites.  Thought I'd share what I found in
case others might be interested.

I found a cross-platform soundfont editor for the sf2 format.  Looks like
it's built using Qt.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/polyphone/

Thousands of free sound samples specially recorded by Philharmonia
Orchestra players licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike
3.0 Unported License:
http://www.philharmonia.co.uk/explore/make_music/

The LinuxSampler project was founded in 2002 with the goal of producing a
free, streaming capable open source pure software audio sampler with high
stability:
http://www.linuxsampler.org/about.html
This project aims to create a full orchestral sample library in the .gig
format for use with the linuxsampler:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openorchestra/
List of sample libraries:
http://bb.linuxsampler.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11

musescore soundfonts
http://musescore.org/en/handbook/soundfont

http://www.linuxmusicians.com/
linuxmusician samples:
http://www.linuxmusicians.com/viewforum.php?f=50&sid=bd65ce094deb26d5c09255dbaafeea3e

Recommended Sound Libraries and Where to Get Them...
http://www.remastersys.com/forums/index.php?topic=1740.0

http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/instruments
http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/free_audio_data

http://www.bandshed.net/sounds/sfz/