[freepats] Freepats 2.0

Roberto roberto at zenvoid.org
Fri Jul 29 08:05:02 PDT 2016

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 05:29:11AM -0700, ml at distasis.com wrote:
> Double check the old freepats mailing list archives.  A lot of work was
> done to make sure the current version of freepats did not have dubious
> samples.  Freepats organizers contacted the owners of many of the samples
> and got permission to use them.
[...]

Yeah, I was one of those freaks trying to clarify the origin of all
content and mailing everybody :)

We can preserve everything that has both a copyright and a free license
attached. For everything else, it is actually easier and faster to
replace it. At the same time we can fix another issue: license
compatibility.

If you have some time please take a look at the "work in progress" lists
of suitable and not suitable licenses:

 http://freepats.zenvoid.org/beta/licenses.html
 http://freepats.zenvoid.org/beta/unsuitable-licenses.html

> As to the topic of documentation, I'd be happy to help out where I can.
> I'm very familiar with HTML/CSS/JavaScript coding.

Thank you very much, let's start writing the new Wiki then :)

I've just created a FreePats organization on Github to place the new
Wiki (suggested by Mark by private email, I've just learn that it was
possible to do that). Just tell me your github user and I will add you
as a member.

 https://github.com/freepats/documentation/wiki

Software programs hosted on the old FreePats web site can also be moved
to Github repositories, unless they already have an official Web or
repository, in that case a link to their official place should be
better.