[freepats] Freepats 2.0

Roberto roberto at zenvoid.org
Sun Jul 31 07:16:33 PDT 2016

On Sun, Jul 31, 2016 at 05:13:38AM -0700, ml at distasis.com wrote:
> Do we want to cover only soundfonts and patch related topics on the wiki
> or are we interested in other Open Source music software that can be used
> for creating music as well?  Do we want information on the wiki about
> other sites that offer instrument recordings/soundfonts/patches that have
> Open licenses?

Of course, people will surely find useful how to use those programs, how
to how to create music, how to edit and make changes to sounfonts...
Linking to other soundfonts can be useful too. Even if some of those
soundfonts are published under licenses more restrictive than those in
freepats, it's interesting to have those lists, I think.

I'll be busy recording and uploading instrument sets during
August/September, feel free to shape and maintain the new freepats Wiki
as you choose.

> Can we put something at the old site referring to the new location and
> asking people to update their links if they're pointing to the old site?

Yes, and I'll try to add http redirects to github when possible.

The new website will contain a plain directory of downloads from now.