[freepats] Freepats 2.0?

John Lewis oflameo2 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 04:29:27 PDT 2016

I would like Freetpats 2.0. I have quite a few suggestions.

1. Version control for the tools, the patches and the sound fonts.

That would make it easier to collaborate with other people and to
download, modify, and upload the content.

2. Make it easy to use new Freepats sound fonts.

It would probably follow from one just from putting things in version
control. The distributions will start packaging it.

3. Better documentation.

https://github.com/psi29a/unsf is the only way I know how to make a GUS
patch. I don't know how to set a system soundfont/gus patch in pulseaudio.

4. More Demos.

I would like to see the new capabilities of software midi. I understand
that at this point, I would probably doing a lot of tedious trail
blazing at this point, but I still want to see it.

I probably am going to start doing more with freepats soon, because I
need to bring something to maker Faire Pittsburgh this year.