[freepats] Recording Clarinet samples

Tyler Dence tyzoid.d at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 17:49:45 PDT 2017

Thanks,

Last night we held another recording session to try and get some slightly
better samples, along with some of the higher notes. We'll do another one
soon to get trill/staccato notes.

I've actually just done the necessary editing to create shorter attack
times - the samples vairied a bit based on the pitch anyway, so shortening
them made the more consistant anyway. The audacity project provided
contains the raw samples (with some amplitude correction), the sf2 file
represents a more fully edited, consistant sound sample bank. All the
samples in this new file were from the recording last night, and the
samples from the first night were not used.

http://dl.tyzoid.com/freepats/

For the record, all of the samples provided in this email and my previous
one (attachment link labeled 2017-08-16.tar.gz) are licensed under the CC0
license.

The sounds were recorded with an AudioTechnica AT873R, placed a foot and a
half away from the bell of the instrument, angled towards the middle
section.