[freepats] Status of instruments

Roberto roberto at zenvoid.org
Sun Nov 4 16:29:47 PST 2018

Well, the situation is actually more twisted than it may seem:

Sometimes we need a sound bank for another parallel project I'm involved
with (videogames creation). We find and record the real instrument,
create an incomplete sound bank in a hurry, use it, and continue with
other task as soon as possible.

This way, there must be hundreds of unpublised sound banks lost
somewhere in my computers, some on them would only require a few fixes
or to replace a few bad samples (which, sadly, it may be too late
because most original raw recordings were probably deleted by now). And
worse yet, sometimes people send us their sounds and have to wait months
for an answer.

Something should be changed, indeed. An option could be hiring one
person to make all the hard work. But FreePats is non-profit and it have
no income sources...

I'm the person who usually writes here and anwers emails, but there are
more people "working in the shadows". As we are in the same city, we met
in person usually. I'm going to speak with others and think for a plan
to improve this situation.