[freepats] Freepats

Roberto roberto at zenvoid.org
Wed Nov 7 10:05:39 PST 2018

Something weird is happening with our mailing list, your message had
been marked as spam by Google filters and it seems that the ones I've
sent are put into spam folder too :(

Of course, any help is welcome! I think that we may need to change a few
things:

1. Create a shared folder to upload raw or unfinished recordings, so
people can assign themselves the task when nobody else is working.

2. Write README files during the recording day. Someone needs to take
note of authors, performers, instruments, recording equipment, and write
all information. When time passes, it's impossible to remember.

3. Choosing the license is more complicated than it should when several
people is involved. We should find a way to fix that.

4. In order to make it possible to maintain different sound bank formats
and sizes from the same samples, we created scripts to make the process
automatic and faster:

https://github.com/zenvoid/SF-Tools

Those scripts automatically build the General MIDI sound font too.

We should merge our local changes (they had been evolved outside git
unfortunatelly). We also need to agree and document a common way of
building sound fonts for FreePats, otherwise, it would be difficult for
someone to continue on tasks started by others.