[freepats] Recent activity update

Roberto roberto at zenvoid.org
Sat Jun 15 17:15:05 PDT 2019

On Sat, Jun 15, 2019 at 11:22:47PM +0100, Strix SoundFont Team wrote:
> P.S: There has not been much activity in the mailing list recently. Can we
> help get the project back on track, okay?

I'm sorry for that, most of our conversations are nowadays via Telegram
and in Spanish language, I should remember to write here more often :/

FreePats have been granted access to a professional recording studio and
several hundred instruments, including orchestral ones, and many rare
instruments from all around the world...

We made a sampling session on January, created the first version of our
"World percussion" sound bank, and recorded (again) a few kalimbas, one
of them was converted to a sound bank and published on FreePats
recently.

Now, we have access to almost all instruments in the General MIDI
standard (and many more!), a fantastic achievement, but unfortunately,
it means that we have queued more work than we can ever handle, which is
quite discouraging.

I tried to find volunteers in our city... nobody can really dedicate
such amount of time. Then I've made a donation site in Patreon, to pay
for "volunteers", but it didn't work either, donations are not easy to
get.

Our work queue is huge now. I'll continue trying to find ways to advance
faster.