[freepats] What synthesizer software is everybody using?

Ru Vuott vuott at yahoo.it
Sun Oct 2 15:51:19 PDT 2016

I prefer QSynth.

Dom 2/10/16, ml at distasis.com <ml at distasis.com> ha scritto:

 Oggetto: Re: [freepats] What synthesizer software is everybody using?
 A: freepats at lists.zenvoid.org
 Data: Domenica 2 ottobre 2016, 16:17

 John Lewis wrote:
 > In fact
 > Wikipedia page is inaccurate about TiMidity. It says
 TiMidity hasn't
 > been updated since 2012, but its official page on
 source forge says it has
 > last been updated a mere two months ago
 > https://sourceforge.net/projects/timidity/.

 I subscribe to the TiMidity++ mailing list, so I see the
 patches and
 discussion of fixes as they get posted to the list.
 It's unfortunate that
 many sources don't realize there are updates or aren't
 interested in the
 TiMidity++ updates.  I wrote to the Debian maintainer
 of TiMidity++ a
 while ago asking that they update to a version later than
 the old tarball
 that's in the Sourceforge archive.  There have been
 many fixes to midi and
 Karaoke processing since then.  The distribution
 maintainers don't seem
 interested in having an up-to-date version of
 TiMidity++.  It's one of the
 few cross-platform, open source Karaoke players I've been
 able to find.

 I've been adding links to the new Freepats wiki.  I
 included a link to
 information about audio on Linux systems which has some
 great tutorials on
 how to use TiMidity++ and some other Midi libraries to code
 your own midi
 applications.  I also added a link to a FLTK based Midi
 application that
 uses rtmidi.

 I keep looking for some other Open Source Karaoke options
 besides
 TiMidity++, but haven't had much luck.  Hoping at some
 point to write
 another front end for TiMidity++ using SDL that displays
 lyrics, if I have
 time.  abcmidi, abcm2ps and TiMidity++ are my favorite
 tools for
 developing music on my computer.

 Also, if anyone's interested, I've been bug fixing the
 APCStudio code so
 it works with the latest version of FLTK.  APCStudio is
 a lightweight wave
 file/audio editor.  It's nowhere near as advanced as
 Audacity, but it has
 a lot fewer build dependencies and is a lot more lightweight
 (good for low
 resource computers).

 Sincerely,
 Laura