[freepats] FreePats Digest, Vol 28, Issue 2

ml at distasis.com ml at distasis.com
Thu Jul 4 05:07:11 PDT 2019

> FreePats have been granted access to a professional recording studio and
> several hundred instruments, including orchestral ones, and many rare
> instruments from all around the world...

That's great news.

> I tried to find volunteers in our city... nobody can really dedicate
> such amount of time. Then I've made a donation site in Patreon, to pay for
> "volunteers", but it didn't work either, donations are not easy to
> get.
>
> Our work queue is huge now. I'll continue trying to find ways to advance
> faster.

Maybe get the word out to more groups.  Has anyone contacted the Creative
Commons or sites like freesound or other music and audio related projects
and asked for volunteers?  Are there local Linux or Open Source groups in
the area?  Some educational groups interested in Open Source might be
willing to volunteer.  Some areas have college students or whole classes
working on Open Source/Creative Commons media projects.  If any Open
Source distributions are using FreePats, they may be interested in
upgrading their soundfonts and may offer to help.  There are even a few
music specific Linux distributions.